Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let's Review

With a little bit of digging you find that most of the premier restaurants in New York City have Prix Fixe menus. I am not talking about the Pre-Theater, Holiday or Sunday Brunch, I am talking about our second favoirite meal, lunch. Anywhere from around $22 to $35 you can have a multi-course meal and with a small upcharge, wine pairings and decadence. What a bargain!

Read my blog. I can properly review a restaurant and know a nut about food and dining because I love food. I am a chef by training. I graduated from The French Culinary Institute in 2007 and have been working in catering since. I had another career before 2007, I was a pharmacist for 13 years. My husband is an attorney. We have no children and lots of disposable income. So, we have been able to dine out. . . a lot. . . and at really nice places. We have experienced Per Se, saw Charlie Trotter before we ate at his reataurant in Chicago and have eaten great meals in Europe at restaurants the locals go to. On the flip side, I like Domino's pizza with ham and banana peppers after a few beers, stadium food is worth saving calories for and I love a veggie and cheese subway sandwich periodically. What does this make me? Well, a bit of a food snob, but down to earth. My mother didn't like to cook. I grew up on Duncan Hines cake mix, canned soups, jello salad and squeeze margarine, but my family traveled a bit and we dined quite well and often. I don't remember being a picky eater except for a periodic episode here or there of excluding certain foods, that never stuck. My sisters and I dined by the food philosophy of my parents "you can't say you don't like it if you don't try it." I try to pass this wisdom on to any picky eater I meet.

My love of food has grown gradually. As I have visited different areas of the country, the Carribean, London, Paris and Italy, I have welcomed new and different foods into my culinary experience manifest. I even ordered a meal in Italy pointing at a menu item just to see what I get. I am not exactly Andrew Zimmern, I am safer.

Anyhow, I hope you get the picture. I love food, I eat food and write about my special lunches. Read on!

No comments: